Dinner cruise in D.C.
Yay! I was able to get in a very good amount of writing done this weekend. It’s really hard not to do revisions now but I’m holding off until I am done with each rough draft (working on two books). I hope this keeps up :).
Last week I had a very vivid dream and I awoke breathing hard and looking crazy I’m sure (well, more crazy than usual). Later that day I started writing, and writing some more. The dream was so real and gave me a whole paranormal romance book. I got the character’s origins, descriptions physical and emotional, Their stories, The story world and plot from this one dream. Now all I have to do is write it. So I am currently working on two books!
This is an good article on plot structure:
- Read many books in the genre(s) you want to write.
- Take inspiration from your favorite authors but don’t copy.
- Find your own style of writing. Practice and stay true to yourself. You are unique and in writing this is important.
- Write every day. If suffering from writers block, use the time to develop your characters, plot, story world, etc. Doing this will only help your story and will help get the creative juices flowing again as well.
- Step outside of your comfort zone. It’ll be okay :).
- Try not to get too attached to your characters. Let them live in their world. To do that, you have to let the go through things both good and bad but make it dramatic :).
- On the other hand, don’t force what isn’t there. Your readers will be able to tell.
- Your character did what?! It’s okay, it’s not you. You are the narrator. Let the characters tell their story.
- Write what you would
likelove to read.